So far in 2022, we have eliminated over $9.2 million of client debt!
(This does not include debt eliminated by bankruptcy filings)
California Private Student Loan Debt Attorney
Private Student Loan Debt Resolution Requires Experienced Counsel
If you've ever looked up, "student loan lawyers near me” at Fitzgerald & Campbell, APLC we can assist you with your Private Student Loans on a No Settlement= No Fee basis (pre-litigation cases only). These types of loans require experienced counsel and there are no easy solutions. Make sure to contact our expert student debt attorneys today for the help you need.
***We do not currently assist with Federal Student Loans because the state of the law is constantly changing and so much is unknown about what the government will do tomorrow that we don’t believe we can give competent advice that will remain valid. When this changes we will again assist with Federal student loans.
But there ARE solutions for Private Student Loans! Great solutions! Do not buy into the fear the lenders are selling. Nor should you buy into the oversimplification being sold by “student loan assistance companies”. You can’t simply fill out a form and make it all better.
Get the clarity, confidence, and control you need by talking to experienced student debt lawyers in this type of complex debt.
Featured Case Results:
- December 06, 2021: A lawsuit in the amount of $38,358.00 was DISMISSED!! Saving our client 100% of the debt! (National Collegiate Student Loan Trust – Law Offices of Patenaude & Felix, APLC vs Client. Case No. RIC19047XX- Riverside County)
- November 29, 2021: $23,881.00 Navient Solutions, LLC was settled $9,000.00. Saving our client 62%!
- October 05, 2021: A lawsuit in the amount of $27,300.00 was DISMISSED!! Saving our client 100% of the debt! (National Collegiate Student Loan Trust – Law Offices of Patenaude & Felix, A.P.C. vs Client. Case No. 19VECV011XX- Los Angeles County)
- TRIAL VERDICT – EDUCAP vs. Client. EDUCAP hired Gaba Law Firm to sue our client on a Student Loan and demanded 100% of the total amount due. The case went to trial and attorney William Campbell defended the case. The judge ruled in favor of the defendant/student. Student/Client pays $0.00! (EDUCAP v. Client Monterey County Superior Court case # 16CV0021XX)
- A $260,076.83 Navient account settled for $67,000.00
April 8, 2021: A lawsuit in the amount of $166,617.02 was dismissed entirely! Saving our client 100% of the debt! (Shenandoah Funding Trust vs Client. Case No. 19BBCV003XX – Los Angeles County)
- Client was sued by National Collegiate Student Loan Trust for $43,466.96. Settled the case for $15,880.00 (National Collegiate Student Loan Trust 2007-4 V. Client, Case#CIVDS15019XX)
- National Collegiate Student Loan Trust sued our client in Marin County Superior Court for $44,776.08 and CASE WAS DISMISSED for $0 (Marin County Superior Court case # 15014XX)
Fitzgerald & Campbell, APLC Saves Hundreds of Thousands on Private Student Loan
by Sam Miller
August 21, 2018
Fitzgerald & Campbell, APLC negotiated a private student loan debt totaling nearly $200,000.00 for a mere $25,100.00 this past week, saving their client over 87% of the amount due.
The debt originated with Navient Solutions, LLC, and had been placed into collections with National Enterprise Systems (commonly known as NES). The alleged amount stood at $196,465.11 at the time of settlement.
The letter from NES confirming the terms of the settlement is displayed below. Fitzgerald & Campbell, APLC are proud to continue their pattern of excellent service and phenomenal deals for their clients, and this is a shining example.
DISCLAIMER: Every case is different. Results depend on the unique law and facts of each case. Fitzgerald & Campbell, APLC makes no guarantees or warranties about the outcome of any particular matter or case. The Fitzgerald & Campbell, APLC website, or the information contained within the website, should be construed as ATTORNEY ADVERTISING.
How to Resolve your Private Student Loans
First, Get off the payment treadmill to nowhere!
*View this Huffington Post article that quotes Greg Fitzgerald’s Top 10 Reasons You Should Stop Paying Your Unaffordable Private Student Loans.
If you have not already done so, you should seriously consider defaulting on these loans. Although there are many factors involved (such as the loan amount) and you should speak to an experienced student loan lawyer first, we often recommend clients default on these loans when:
- You can’t afford to pay them
- You have no idea when they will be paid off. Would you buy a car or even a house when you have no idea when the payments would end? Of course not. The same goes for private student loans.
Understand that Private student loans are unsecured debt and are no different than your credit card (except for how they are treated in bankruptcy). Given that bankruptcy is usually not available to you on these debts, strategic default is the only way to get out of debt in your lifetime on most of these loans.
As with any unsecured debt, there are only 3 things they can do to you when you default on a private student loan:
- Call and write to you, demanding payment (having a lawyer as your representative will stop this)
- Derogatory report on your credit
- File a lawsuit against you- look at our case results and you will find that the only thing worse than a lawsuit is continuing to pay the full amount and never seeing the balance go down. Also, not all clients get sued!
Third, Beware Student Loan Assistance Companies!
Below is a list of some well-known student loan assistance companies that have been accused of several shady practices as published by NerdWallet (read the original article here). Several of the companies listed below have been charged with various business violations including:
- Illegal practices by a state or federal agency or found to have engaged in illegal practices by a judge;
- Being managed by an individual who operates or has operated another business accused of illegal practices by a government agency or found to have engaged in illegal practices by a judge;
- Being operated by someone who has incurred significant debts or a criminal conviction;
- The business has been hit with liens for unpaid taxes; or
- The business is Rated D or F by the Better Business Bureau.
If you’re working with one of the companies below, CALL US IMMEDIATELY! Let us help you manage your debt and GET YOUR LIFE BACK!!
STUDENT LOAN ASSISTANCE COMPANY WATCH LIST
A list of all companies on the watch list can be found here.
- Academic Debt Alliance
- Action Administrative Services
- Advantage Student Loan Consolidation
- Advantage Student Loans
- Affordable Life Plans
- Aiding Student Relief
- Allied Doc Prep
- AlphaOne Student
- Amazing Marketing
- American Student Aid
- American Student Loan Consolidators
- ASF Assistance
- Benchmark Processing Inc.
- Bright Futures Financial Corp.
- College Education Services
- College Financial Advisory
- Consumer Assistance Project
- Consumer Financial Resources
- Consumer Protection Counsel, P.A
- DFL International
- Docs Done For You Inc.
- Document Aid Relief
- Done With Loans
- Equitable Acceptance Corporation
- First American Student Aid
- First American Tax
- First American Tax Defense
- Freedom Student and Tax Defense
- Global Financial Support Inc.
- Good EBusiness
- Help Assist Me Default Resolution Services
- Interactiv Education
- Lexington Doc Prep
- Liberty Tax and Student Loan Defense
- Life Cycle Student Loan Relief
- Merrill & Hart
- Miller Student Loan Consulting
- Nation Wide Consumer Debt Relief Inc.
- National Secure Processing
- National Student Aid Care
- National Student Aid Center
- National Student Loan Help
- National Student Loan Rescue
- National Student Loan Solutions
- National Student Loans
- Nationwide Student Aid
- Performance Debt Relief
- Performance Settlement
- Post Grad Aid
- Private School Loans Relief
- Reliant Account Management
- Select Document Preparation Inc.
- Select Student Loan
- Select Student Loan Help
- SL Programs
- Strategic Debt Solutions
- Strategic Doc Prep Solutions
- Strategic Student Solutions
- Student Advocates
- Student Consulting Group Inc.
- Student Debt Center
- Student Debt Relief Group
- Student Debt Resolutions Inc.
- Student Debt Solutions
- Student Financial Resource Center
- Student Legal Services
- Student Loan Consultants of America
- Student Loan Counsel
- Student Loan Educators
- Student Loan Forgiveness Center
- Student Loan Group
- Student Loan Managers
- Student Loan Processing.US
- Student Loan Repairman Inc.
- Student Loan Resolution Center
- Student Loan Service
- Student Loan Service Managers
- Student Loan Services
- Student Loan Servicing Center
- Student Loans Processing Corp.
- Student Reform Associates
- Student Relief Center
- Student Zoom LLC
- Sunshine Document Preparation Inc.
- The Center for Student Debt Reform
- The Student Loan Help Center
- The Student Loan Project
- U.S. Student Loan Services Inc.
- United Advisors Group
- United Student Loan Division
- University of One
- US Direct Student Loan Services
- US Financial Freedom Center