So far in 2022, we have eliminated over $10 million of client debt!
(This does not include debt eliminated by bankruptcy filings)
Sued by an Attorney?
If an attorney is making a claim against you for attorney fees, call us to fight back!
Lawsuits by attorneys for legal fees is an unfair fight. We can help you and our fees are fixed, flat, and affordable! If no lawsuit (or arbitraton) has been filed yet, we only charge you WHEN AND IF a settlement is reached!
If you have been sued by your attorney or they are threatening to sue you, we can help. Too many lawyers charge unreasonable fees or fail to efficiently run your case, costing you thousands of dollars and even hundreds of thousands of dollars. These lawyers appear to have everything on their side. They know the court system and can pursue you at a fraction of the cost other creditors can. What you need is someone who is not afraid to take on these kinds of cases and who will aggressively assert your rights in a way that you can afford. Fitzgerald & Campbell, APLC is that someone.
Featured Case Results
- $263,963.17 JUDGMENT (for lawyer fees) VACATED on May 19, 2022! Client’s prior lawyer sued client for legal fees and got a default judgment. Although the client was served correctly, we were able to show that at the time of service our client was incapable of responding (we argued that the lawyer knew or should have already known this, as our current client was their former client). We were also able to find a huge error in the lawyers billing (they charged $30,000 to “prepare and send a letter to the client, responding to email”). The judge agreed stating: “The court therefore grants Defendants motion to set aside the default and default judgment”. We filed the motion to vacate over a year ago and it was continued 5 times. This was a very hard-fought battle in the Los Angeles County Superior Court. Lawyer v. Client, Case No. 20STCV08XXX.
- Our client retained an LA law firm on an hourly basis to file three motions and promptly paid them a $15,000.00 retainer. Despite only drafting a portion of one motion they somehow had accrued over $15,000.00 in fees and wanted more money! When our client refused, they started the litigation process by sending the California State Bar Mandated Demand for Arbitration. Our client opted for Arbitration and ultimately, an arbitration hearing was held to determine what the proper fee should be. The main issue in the arbitration hearing was whether the lawyer did work that was not covered by the terms of the retainer agreement. We focused on the agreement which required a separate agreement for any work outside the scope of the 3 motions. The arbitrator agreed with us and the law firm was forced to pay our client back $7,547.00 AND our clients’ costs for having to fight this case which included over $6,000.00 in attorney’s fees! Our client was being pursued by lawyers for more money and in the end, got money back and it didn’t cost our client a penny!
- Family law attorneys Gilligan Law sued our client for $26, 872.47 and we settled if for $2500! (Gilligan Law v. Client Los Angeles County Superior Court case# NC0601XX)
- Orange County Superior Court: Client came to us with a $50,000+ judgment owed to lawyers for attorney fees. Lawyers were seeking to force the sale of client’s home to pay the judgment. The client is elderly and ill but has over $200,000 in home equity. We fought the motion in court and judge ruled in our client’s favor: The house will not be sold! (OCSC case# 30-2016-008835XX)
DISCLAIMER: Every case is different. Results depend on the unique law and facts of each case. Fitzgerald & Campbell, APLC makes no guarantees or warranties about the outcome of any particular matter or case. The Fitzgerald & Campbell, APLC website, or the information contained within the website, should be construed as ATTORNEY ADVERTISING.
What Should I Do?
- GET LEGAL ADVICE: Fitzgerald & Campbell, APLC has the expertise and experience necessary to assist you in navigating these types of cases. Attorneys are not always correct and there are tools available to help consumers minimize any damages.
- PLAN, PLAN, PLAN: Fitzgerald & Campbell, APLC will customize a plan that will work for you, whatever your circumstances.
Call us now for your free consultation.
Here’s the great news: if the lawyer’s claim is not in arbitration or no lawsuit has been filed, we will work to settle the claim on a contingency fee! That is, you do not pay us unless we settle it! If the matter is in litigation (arbitration or lawsuit filed) we charge a flat & fixed amount that is very affordable and can be made in monthly payments. No hidden costs! Call our office for more details regarding our fees!