So far in 2022, we have eliminated over $9.2 million of client debt!
(This does not include debt eliminated by bankruptcy filings)
Irvine Debt Settlement Attorneys
We Can Protect Your Rights & Negotiate on Your Behalf
Need to escape insurmountable debt while still saving your possessions and even your credit? Then debt settlement might be the appropriate option for you. Our skilled legal team at Fitzgerald & Campbell can represent you in negotiating a settlement agreement with your creditors that could reduce your debt. Our Irvine attorneys are highly experienced in debt settlement and in the negotiation techniques needed to come to a settlement figure that is acceptable to you as well as your creditors. It is a well-known fact that attorneys generally get better settlements than debtors on their own. Turn to Fitzgerald & Campbell to discuss all of your options for debt settlement.
The Debt Settlement Process
In debt settlement, your attorney will negotiate directly with your creditors or the debt collection agencies hired by your creditors. Our goal is to settle your debt for less than what you actually owe, usually for the smallest amount possible that will satisfy your creditors and allow you to make payments. To get started, we assess your current financial situation so that we can determine what needs to be done based on your circumstances.
The advantages of debt settlement include:
- Clearing your debts on your schedule
- Lower interest rates
- Stop accruing interest on existing debt
- No more calls from creditors
- No filing for bankruptcy
Our experience has shown that creditors are generally amenable to settling for an amount less than you owe if you have suffered a hardship or as a way for them to avoid a bigger loss should you resort to bankruptcy.
Debt settlement is a valid legal process as it affords creditors payment they might not otherwise receive. When regarded as renegotiation of the contract terms of your debt, it is well-established under the law.
Why Should I Choose a Debt Settlement Lawyer Instead of a Debt Settlement Company?
Our law firm will match any debt settlement company fees! Here are some of the other reasons clients choose us over debt settlement companies:
- Creditors don’t want you to file for bankruptcy, so if you use a debt collection company, then your creditors will be thrilled because this option will be off the table if an attorney does not represent you.
- Creditors can face lawsuits from lawyers if they violate the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). However, if you don’t have a lawyer in your corner, then debt collectors have nothing to fear.
- If you are represented by an attorney, then collectors and creditors can’t contact you directly. This means that all calls, letters, texts, and emails must be directed to your attorney.
Fitzgerald & Campbell Is Here to Help You Become Debt-Free
Debt settlement is an effective way to avoid bankruptcy. It is generally less damaging to your credit score as you move forward than a bankruptcy can be. If you need a debt relief alternative, such as debt settlement, do not hesitate to contact us to learn more about getting the financial help you need.
If you are ready to discuss your situation with a lawyer at Fitzgerald & Campbell, please call (844) 431-3851 or contact us online to request your free case consultation.